Mrs Skilton is always keen to meet any prospective parents and their children and prior to our formal open day is keen to show off the school. To make an appointment please email email@example.com and she will arrange a suitable time and date.
We have many different activities in the Summer term to ensure that new entrants have a smooth transition from Nursery to School.
We like to ease children into school slowly in September so they are given the best possible start to their school life.
Some of the things we do before September
- Have an information evening for parents when they are given a pack and have the opportunity to meet staff and ask any questions they may have.
- The Early Years teachers will visit children in their nursery and spend time getting to know them in a pre-school environment.
- Children will be invited into school for three separate morning sessions where they will get to meet the teachers, teaching assistant and other children starting school with them.
What we do in September
- For September 2016, children only attend school until 12pm on 6th and 7th. For 8th and 9th children can stay for lunch and then be picked up at 1pm.
- From 12th September, children are encouraged to stay for the whole day and then to be picked up at 3:15pm. If you do not feel your child is ready for this option though, you may collect them at 1pm. Please let us know which option you choose.
- By the 19th September we would recommend that all children are in school full time.
Please read the attached documents below for more information